Saturday, May 20, 2017

Eleven Years Today

As of today, this humble collection of data bytes has existed on the Internet for 11 years. I've had plenty of moments over the years where I questioned continuing but this space has grown on me. Here I share my art, my thoughts, my time, my worries, my challenges and by some miracle, there are people who show up to read those musings. 

Compared to many of the art blogs that remain active today, Lost Coast Post is decidedly longform (I love to write) and non-commercial. I have slowly increased the exposure I give my work-for-sale and I include product links for stuff I use & love; it is a matter of economic survival. However, first and forever foremost, I deal here in inspiration. Whether you need a little push to try something new or continue along the path you've chosen, whether life is relatively easy or whether it is studded with obstacles, I hope that this space encourages you to rally onward.

Like most blogs, my comments section is generally soft-spoken but the words you do leave behind after a post lift my spirits. A few send lovely personal emails telling me how much you love LCP and some drop a bit of financial support into my tip jar. I am grateful and humbled by it all. Thank you for your readership, whether you've just discovered Lost Coast Post last month or whether you've been along for the ride since 2006 (is there anybody in that category out there?) Let's keep forging ahead...

7 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Rock on Michelle! Love your blog.

Sheila Johnston said...

Congratulations, Michelle. Your art always brightens my day.

Leone said...

My favourite blog it is so interesting, i am so happy you decided to continue when you were in doubt. congratulations on your anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Michelle! I really enjoy your blog and I truly appreciate that you have kept it as you have. I hope you will have many many more anniversaries because they are celebrations for us, your readers, as well.
-Ellie

Loulou in Texas said...

Congratulations on the 11th anniversary of your blog! Love your journal picture for this special occasion!

HeartArt said...

I've just discovered your blog! Thanks for being here and I look forward to reading 11 yrs worth of your work! You inspire me and I'll be 60 this month!

Peggy Jo Farr said...

Congratulations on this anniversary of Lost Coast! I enjoy reading about your processes and seeing your inspiring works of art. With joy, I celebrate with you across the miles! Salute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...